Monday, March 06, 2006

Intelligent Dialogue (?): Stereotyping and propaganda

Intelligent dialogue tends to result from controversial topics. I thought I'd present this to you because it could provoke intelligent dialogue about stereotyping. You might want to read the thing on the bottom first, just because the thing on the top is my response. Hopefully this starts some intelligent dialogue. However, I am not naive and know that people prefer to IM and e-mail me instead for some reason. People, a blog is a public forum so let's keep it public...


vbs list; on behalf of; Matt Rutta
Re: Muslims vs Christian/Judeo society

This sounds eerily familiar, to the tune of 2,000 years of Jewish history from the Destruction of the Second Temple to Vatican II, not to mention Pharaoh and Haman. This is dangerous stuff and we shouldn't give it any credence.

The Hebrews are numerous and obey only their own God, not ours. Let us enslave them lest they rise against us --Pharaoh There is a certain people who do not follow our laws, they are not like us and they don't bow down to our idols. Let us destroy them. -- Haman Nebuchadnezzar, Balshazar, Antiochus IV, The Council of Trent, The Inquisition, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion the Nuremburg Laws, and propaganda throughout the ages replaced the word "Muslim" with "Jew".

My allegiance is to the God of the Hebrews, non-corporeal in all senses, and don't believe He had children. That makes me different. And if I want to work on a Sunday because it is not my Shabbat and buy alcohol in a Blue Law state before noon, that should be my prerogative. I am endogamous and will only therefore only marry a Jewish woman. I establish a sanctity to the land I'm in now (Jerusalem) more than anywhere else, and if I'm in Washington DC or Mecca, I'm only going to face toward Jerusalem when I pray. And apparently I have horns and a tail and eat Christian babies on Pesach and Muslim babies on Purim, for my matzah and hamentashen respectively. I control the world, the media, and all the money? Boy, it would be nice if that were true: I wouldn't have to worry about paying back my student loans.

Until very recently is was me who was the different one, the outcast, the wicked Jew who single-handedly killed Jesus for all past and future generations.

I think you see where I'm going here. We cannot allow this kind of stuff to happen to Muslims or any other peace-loving group of people. The vast majority of Muslims are good people and I have a number of Muslim friends, ad this type of thing offends me as a Jew and as a decent human being. We need to be vigilant and not allow what happened to us. Why "because you were strangers in the land of Egypt" -apparently 36 times in the Torah.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Wendy.

B'Shalom,
Matt
-----------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Rutta
Jerusalem, ISRAEL


-----Original Message-----
From: vbs list On Behalf Of Wendy Widlus
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 8:23 PM
To: VBS
Subject: Muslims vs Christian/Judeo society

> I am uncomfortable with this. It was sent to me. Any thoughts?
Wendy Widlus

> -Bigoted or not........just read and think and draw your own
> conclusions.
> Can Muslims be Good Americans?
> Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen?
> Consider this:
>
> Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of

> Arabia.
>
> Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of
> Islam and the Quran (Koran).
>
> Geographically, no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he
> turns in prayer five times a day.
>
> Socially, no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make
> friends with Christians or Jews.
>
> Politically, no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual
> leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America,

> the great Satan.
>
> Domestically, no, because he is instructed to marry four women and
> beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
>
> Religiously, no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah
> except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
>
> Intellectually, no, because he cannot accept the American Constitution

> since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to
> be corrupt.
>
> Philosophically, no, because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not
> allow freedom of religion and expression.
>
> Democracy and Islam cannot co - exist.
>
> Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
>
>
> Spiritually, no, because when we declare "one nation under God," the
> Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to
> as our heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99
> excellent names.
>
> Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be
> very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot
> be both good Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish...it's

> still the truth. If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with

> the above, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who

> understand this, the better it will be for our country.
> Pass it on. The war is bigger than we know.
>
> Red Blanchard
>www.redblanchard.com
>www.gbs.bz
Valley Beth Shalom Listserv

No comments: