Friday, August 11, 2006

Venetian Blinds, Blinded by Venice beauties, Venezuela is blind

After we had Venetian Blinds put up at the beach house (that’s all I got on the Blinds, I took a walk in my flip-flops to Santa Monica, a long walk from here in the Marina, and goes through the famous and infamous Venice Beach. As you will see from picture you find here and in my facebook, it is weirdsville. I think the quintessential picture of Venice is one I took of The Shul on the Beach right next to Sexetera (is maybe the drink Sex on the Beach a result of the unholy merger of Shul on the Beach and Sexetera?) You have a considerable amount of Judaism and Judaica in this area for some reason. There are people selling only Judaica posters at one stand I saw. There is a Jewish senior center next to a bicycle shop and tattoo shop. Moses jewelers sounds Jewish, is named after the ultimate Jew and is a JEWlery shop. There are also a lot of henna shops, I would go out on a limb and say a full 1/3 to ½ of all shops on the Venice Boardwalk (not actually on a boardwalk) are henna shops, henna having been used for centuries in Yemenite Mizrachi Jewish ceremonies (and remains as such on OnlySimchas.com)

Now for the political commentary. I decided to call this “Venezuela is blind” because I wanted to introduce the Mid-east crisis with a third “Vene/i* Blind” alliteration (Philos and grammar buffs: is there another term for such repetitions?) So the President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez (not to be confused with worker’s rights hero Cesar Chavez) has declared his allegiance to Iran. It has removed its embassy from Israel and after Chavez compared the Jews with the Nazis (at least he admits the Holocaust actually happened). With the apparent decline of Cuba, I think that Venezuela will become the local arch-rival, with Iran as its backer. Though I fear that the CIS (Russia) is going to turn heel again (kayfabe wrestling reference), I don’t think will be nearly as major a threat as it was when it was a Superpower. But Chavez is a psycho, and don’t let him fool you, he really is a psycho, to paraphrase the Marx Bros.


Look, we’ve never had world support for Israel. The world is full of anti-Semites who are completely dependant on OPEC for Texas Tea (oil, that is for those of you unfamiliar with The Beverly Hillbillies). Whether one causes the other, I don’t know, but both seem to be true. If you have to get buddy-buddy with the Arab countries to get oil then you have to take a stand against the Jews. Blood may be thicker than water, but oil is thicker than blood (it’s true, check this out for yourselves at home, kids). So since we don’t have support anyway, let’s stop pussyfooting around and actually show some force. What is this about disproportionate response. If Mexico kidnapped some of our border patrol from San Ysidro and Encinitas or military from Camp Pendleton, you’d better believe that we would stop at nothing to get them back as well as making sure that this never happened again. Why is it when we hit a civilian, which is rare compared to the terrorists that we kill or capture, that the world yells at us? Hizbullah and Hamas make it their objective to hit Israeli civilians, and only apologize if they hit Arabs. The New York Times quoted Hassan Nasrallah, may his name and memory be blotted out, as saying that the Jews should go back to their former countries and then under a Palestine that spans all the land that is currently Israel, equal rights will be given to Muslims, Christians and Jews (my own conjecture is this is under Shariia Law and Dhimmi statuses, and I thought the Jews all went back to the homeland. Their homeland and their land of origin, before we were so rudely taken out of it, is Israel, so taking Nasrallah at his word, the return to our homeland(s) would cause all of the Jews living in the Diaspora to make Aliyah to Israel, rather than the Jews of Israel making Yeridah to the lands to which they were tossed around for so many millennia. We recognize that these evils exist an we seek to disarm them. They don’t even recognize our existence on paper.

Like Hitler יש"ו)) in the 1930s, we have seemed to think that through appeasement and land we could secure peace with an unpleasable (THINK OF A BETTER WORD) enemy. Then-Prime Minister of England, Neville Chamberlain (CHECK IF IT WASN’T WINSTON CHURCHILL) said “we will see peace in our times”. Wrong. You can’t appease the Nazis, they won’t stop until they’ve taken over everything. It is my firm belief that the Palestinian Authrority, Hamas, Hisbullah, Al Aqsa, Islamic Jihad, Iran, Syria, and other terrorist groups will not stop until the, God-forbid, complete destruction of Israel. They are using the places we have pulled out of to use to launch attacks at us and start a war.



Look at what we do to rescue just one of our children, something many of them cannot understand. They willfully send their children to kill themselves. We got involved with a war to save just a few of our Paisanos, as our elders taught, He who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the whole entire world. And yet a lying tongue of deceit is a deadly weapon. See this flash from Aish HaTorah regarding the faking of photographs by Lebanese.

And I think any sort of land for peace in the near future is not going to happen, with the possible exception of withdrawing from southern Lebanon once the international force is in place. As the Dry Bones comic so wryly pointed out, it is from places which we handed them on a silver platter that they have attacked us. Imagine if they, God-forbid, took the West Bank from us! They could strike ANYWHERE! No, peace is dead, long live the peace.

“We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us” -Golda Meir

Lamentations 3: 46 All our enemies have opened their mouth wide against us. 47 Terror and the pit are come upon us, desolation and destruction. 48 Mine eye runneth down with rivers of water, for the breach of the daughter of my people. {S} 49 Mine eye is poured out, and ceaseth not, without any intermission, 50 Till the LORD look forth, and behold from heaven. 51 Mine eye affected my soul, because of all the daughters of my city. {S} 52 They have chased me sore like a bird, that are mine enemies without cause. 53 They have cut off my life in the dungeon, and have cast stones upon me. 54 Waters flowed over my head; I said: 'I am cut off.' {S} 55 I called upon Thy name, O LORD, Out of the lowest dungeon. 56 Thou heardest my voice; hide not Thine ear at my sighing, at my cry. 57 Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon Thee; Thou saidst: 'Fear not.' {S} 58 O Lord, Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; Thou hast redeemed my life. 59 O LORD, Thou hast seen my wrong; judge Thou my cause. 60 Thou hast seen all their vengeance and all their devices against me. {S} 61 Thou hast heard their taunt, O LORD, and all their devices against me; 62 The lips of those that rose up against me, and their muttering against me all the day. 63 Behold Thou their sitting down, and their rising up; I am their song. {S} 64 Thou wilt render unto them a recompense, O LORD, according to the work of their hands. 65 Thou wilt give them hardness of heart, Thy curse unto them. 66 Thou wilt pursue them in anger, and destroy them from under the heavens of the LORD. {P}

No comments: